Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Missed Moment

Grabbed the camera to catch the moment
Batteries were sapped of energy
Ran inside, replaced them quickly
Only to return and the moment had passed me by

Your name flashed through my mind
Knelt to pray, phone rings urgently
Ran to answer, missed them
Only to return and your name slipped by

I sit here listening to the stillness
Missed opportunities paramount in my thoughts
Transformation, renewing vie for attention
Which one will win this vicious cycle

As I ponder on these things for a moment
I recall a simple truth shared
The dog who will win this fight
Is the one you feed alright

I grabbed my Bible and found my place
Feeding the dog that won my fight
Renewing my mind wins hands down
I refuse to let this moment pass me by

No comments:

Post a Comment