Friday, September 11, 2009

What are you waiting for?

Riding the train to and from work has its curses and blessings. The curse is its noisy and prolongs my commute time. I'm tired and people annoy me. The blessings are that there's less wear and tear on my car, the commute is cheaper and I don't have to fight the traffic. I also have about an hour just to "zone" if I want.

Another blessing is the people. Ok, I know I said that I'm tired and the people annoy me, but sometimes it is rather entertaining. Last night I was trying to get in the "zone" and that's when I begin to hear the people. See when I zone, I hear everything until my mind finally cops out and I "zone". So in that time of hearing everyone I must of heard 2 to 3 people talk about what they are waiting on. One was waiting on her daughter, one was waiting on the boss, you get the picture.

For some reason, my mind jumped to a lady I talked to in church recently. I asked how she was doing and she told me she was waiting on a specific minister to come back to our church to pray for her. Then she knew she'd get what she was waiting for. Huh? I was stunned.

I remembered a time in the Bible when Jesus healed a man that was waiting. He was waiting for several years for the water in the pool of Bethesda to move all by itself. If memory serves me correctly, it moved only about once a year. Why had he been waiting for so long? He needed someone to help him into the water. Because only the first person in the water at the time it moved on its own was healed. Because he was dependent on others to help him, he never made it in time. So he was still waiting. But now that Jesus was on the scene, as we know, he healed the man there and then and he left completely made whole. A completely changed man.

So, what bothers me is this, why is that lady at church waiting? She's waiting on some one to be here before God can heal her. Why? If Jesus is "in the house" or in our midst all the time, then I'm confused. Why is she waiting? We know that healing comes from God. We know that all we need is found in God. Don't we?

Now I have to ask myself, is there something that I'm waiting for before I __________? Are you waiting for _________ before God can move? before God can provide? before God can....................you fill in the blank. Now my criticism for the lady in my church turns inward. Why am I waiting? Waiting for what? Waiting for who? Is my inability to be completely changed and made whole because I'm waiting when there is really no need to? What am I waiting for?

5 comments:

  1. Praise Jesus, that is an awesome revelation sister. i find myself in that. Jesus is on the scene and He dwells within. i to dont what i am waiting for, it really seems silly does in it?scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to say,,, I agree with this! If we wait, on who?,how long do we wait or will they ever get there? It might come down to just us and God. The preacher might not come ,but God alway's will.We need to stop trusting in men or women and trust in the one who created them!!!!I think God is probably saying...I'm right here,,hello,just give me a call,,good thought Sis. Seibold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughtful piece, Pam. Kevin mentioned you were blogging, so I wanted to see what you are writing about. Nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the encouraging comments. I love the responses and enjoy sharing my thoughts. It makes it much more interesting when you all comment as well. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to hearing from you all again sometime.

    ReplyDelete